Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Too Many Rabbit Holes

     While painting these white, I noticed a couple of problems.  Holes.  Places where there was a bubble in the resin or plaster.  What was I going to do about that?  Then I remembered!
 

 
Spackle!  Just a little dab will do you.  Squeezed it out on my finger and...


 
 
 ...filled in the hole.  Did a little shmooshing, shaped it and let it dry.  This spackle goes on pink and dries white.


 
     The hole at the feet of the other bunny was a little trickier and I had to use a sculpting tool, but then they were ready to be painted.



     I started with the heads, feet and hands, using a "golden brown" colored paint for the base using a number 6 brush on the heads and feet and a number 2 brush on the hands.  The figures needed 2 coats of paint to cover and fill in the little white spots.  I made sure to brush out the blobs and the air bubbles.  That was it for one night. 

     Time to wash the brushes, rinse the cups and catch an episode of a Korean Drama.  Love those!

No comments:

Post a Comment