Monday, March 16, 2015

Hopping Down That Bunny Trail

     Easter is a comin' so I thought it was time to pull these bunnies out and start working on them.  I probably won't finish in time, but one never knows.  Things get pretty busy in spring.


    
 
 
     I bought these bunnies a couple of years ago at All a Dollar, for a dollar each.  I liked them and thought they were cute, but the colors were dull.  Dull eggs, dull clothing, bad paint jobs. The faces were pretty good and I contemplated keeping them, but then decided I'd redo the whole thing.

 
     Stage one.  To get the best colors - Easter colors - for these little figures, I painted them all white.  I've tried painting over existing colors, but I never liked the results.  I got truer color if I gave the figurines a white base. 


     Here's my basic set up.  2 glasses of water, my brushes, a pallet and protective paper.  You don't see the 3.5 magnifying glasses I'm wearing.  At my age, they help me see details.


     I painted all the tops, then watched an episode of Miss Fisher Mysteries while they dried.  Then came back and painted the bottoms.  We'll let those dry.  This is why I like Acrylic craft paint because it dries so quickly.

 
  I learned to paint the bottoms too.  It's supposed to help them look "finished."  When we come back, we'll take a look at colors and styles of paint to see what's going to look the nicest.  Sometimes, honestly, it's just a gut feel.  But that's what makes it fun!

     Remember to wash your brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment