Thursday, August 13, 2015

Purple & Yellow Cars

These are some cars I actually started working on last year.  They look like VW Beetles. 

 
 
They just needed some touch up.  I painted the tires with the black gloss on two of them and left the last one with flat black tires.  I added the little google eyes to two of them as headlights.  On one of the yellow ones I had tried using some fabric - I don't remember what you call it, but it has a shiny plastic look to it.  Anyway, I just couldn't get the lines straight.  And it ended up looking blah.
 
 
I got the idea to put a 66 on the top, but it still looked blah to me.  I also had another yellow car that I had outlined in blue and did the dot and dash thing. 
 
 
I ended up putting the google eyes on the windshield and felt like it really gave it a whole new character.  I outlined little 66 in black to give it more definition and here are the three little cars all together.  Ready for their Christmas on Route 66.  Or is it 99.  66.  It's 66.
 
 
 
 
Next, the little red truck.  That one turned out nice!
 
Remember to wash your brushes!


No comments:

Post a Comment