Saturday, August 15, 2015

Li'l Red Truck

Hello All.  This is another one I started last year; a small truck I painted red.  Ignore the little blue car for right now.  I'm still working on that one.  Anyway, I decided I was going to go fairly straightforward with this little truck.

 
 I started by adding a metallic red finish, then used a copper metallic paint to outline the windows, doors, hood and back end.  I painted silver metallic bumpers and door handles.  The wheels are gloss black with silver metallic hubcaps. 

 
I painted on a front radiator cover and instead of the google eyes, I put on faux crystal buttons for the head lights. 

 
And red ones for the tail lights in the back.

 
Pretty simple.  But I like it.  Here it is all put together and finished.  The back first.
 
 
And here's the front with a couple of windshield wipers in black.  All ready for a Christmas load down route 66.

No comments:

Post a Comment