Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Blue Racer

So far, this is my favorite, though I still have lots of cars to paint.  Nevertheless, I really like how this turned out.  Once again, I forgot to take a true before picture.  But this was one I had started painting last year. I just hadn't started any detail work.

 
 
See the little role of tape.  I bought that last year.  I thought to run a stripe or two up the top of the car.  Once it was on, I thought that worked out just terrific.  Next I added my infamous dots.  These, though, were bigger than normal. 


We already know how to put the wheels on.  Looking pretty good, I'm thinking.


But putting the goofy eyes on just didn't seem to be the right thing to do, so I went to JoAnn's Fabrics, where they have a whole wall full of stickers.  I found some stick on round sparkly buttons in clear and red.  Head lights and tail lights!  I did not rely on the pre-adhesive, so used my favorite tacky glue to make sure they stayed on.


And of course, since it's a racer, it has to have a number.  What better than 66 for Christmas on Route 66.  And here's the final.  I'm rather pleased.



Next time, the progress of the quilt Michelle is making!

No comments:

Post a Comment