Friday, July 17, 2015

Little Orange Car

Last time I left off showing a picture of the little orange car.  Remember this?

 
 
It was painted with tangerine color and orange pearl craft acrylic paint.  I used metallic ruby and gold paints to make some flames on the top, the hood and the trunk - or whatever they are called in whatever country.  The it was time to put on the wheels.  I went into the kitchen for this.  I have very durable cabinet tops.  The dowels are a tight fit to the "tires."  Using a mallet, I pounded the tires to one end of the dowels.   

 
The washers help the tires spin smoothly. 
 
 

And there we are.  All put together.
 



 I painted the inside of the wheels silver to simulate hubcaps and added small dots of black for the lug-nuts.


Once again, I added the little eyes for the headlights.  And there we are.  All done with Little Orange Car.

 
Next time.  We'll finish up the Yellow and Purple cars. 
 
By the way, I'm all registered for this years Festival of Trees.  So I'm committed now!

No comments:

Post a Comment