Saturday, April 30, 2016

Little Green Angel

I thought this one would be soooooo easy!  She was mostly done!  I bought her at Deseret Industries thrift store for $1.00.  She was glazed all over, but her face was literally green too.  And, once again, not painted well.  Too much spill over into the hair.  This will be soooooooo easy!
 
 
 
Well, what did I know!  True, painting the face and hair did not take that much time.  At this time, I was still looking for a decent brush to do small work with, so the eyebrows and eyes are not as dainty as I would like.  I've actually considered plucking the whiskers off of one of my cats to make my own little tiny brush.
 
First, because I had no idea how long she had been on the shelf, she got a thorough washing
 
 
 
 
Using the palest flesh-tone paint I have, I covered her face and decided to make her a blond.
 
 
I got her all painted, then realized something was missing.  I rummaged through my stash of whatnots and found these.
 
 
I had bought these Swarovski crystals.  Yes, they say Swarovski on the package, for crafts.  Normally $10.00 per package, they were now $3.00.  When I bought them, I really had no plan for them.  It just seemed too good a buy to pass up.  As I took these out of their drawer, I realized they were the perfect color scheme for my little green angel.
 
Gluing with Gorilla glue and Super glue is not particularly fun.  I'd get too antsy and have to stop, so that's why this took longer than I intended.  But, here she is.  Glitz on her wings...
 

 
Glitz on her hem...
 
 
A necklace of crystal about her throat and a little diadem on her head.
 
 
Here she is all done.  Before and after.

 
Next, a Broken Angel.  I also found her at Deseret Industries.  She is Enesco, numbered and named, but damaged beyond repair.
 

Surely, there must be a way to reclaim this pretty figurine who once had wings to fly.
 



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! I love seeing what you do. You should sell your work on https://www.thisisthemarketplace.com!

    ReplyDelete